Modeling, Simulation and Analysis is the use of models to analyze systems, alternatives and policies without using real systems that may be time consuming, costly or dangerous. This program will develop students’ familiarity with the knowledge base to support post-high school academic study and/or career options in this industry. The focus of this program is aimed at developing advanced interdisciplinary skills for students with strong aptitude in mathematics, science, and technology in a structured project-based course sequence.
400 E. Lake Mary Blvd. Sanford, FL 32773
3225 Lockwood Blvd Oviedo, FL 32765
As a Program of Emphasis, the Modeling and Simulation program is open to:
- Students zoned for Hagerty High School
- Out of zone students on an approved Program of Emphasis transfer
- Limited to incoming 9th grade students
For specific eligibility and application information, please visit the Student Assignment and Program Access website: www.seminoleschoolchoices.us
- Transportation is provided to eligible in-zone students living more than two miles from the school.
- Transportation is not provided for out-of-zone Program of Emphasis students.
- Approved out-of-zone transfer students may apply for transportation through the Ticket to Ride program (bit.ly/SCPSTicketToRide). Through this program it is possible that a student may be granted access to pre-existing bus routes (pending space availability). This program does not create bus stops or bus routes and is not guaranteed for the duration of the transfer.
Hagerty High School’s Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Program is carefully designed to:
- Develop the use of necessary skills and tools to navigate and create detailed models and virtual simulations
- Provide students with a broad understanding of the modeling and simulation field (foundations, design, applications, innovation and prototyping)
- Engage students to solve real-world problems
Students will utilize industry programs such as Autodesk Maya, Inventor, Fusion 360, Unity and Unreal Engine.
The Future is Bright
With over 300 companies and 16,000 professionals, Florida is a major center for modeling, simulation and training (MST). Companies throughout Florida are building simulation and training systems for the defense, medical, entertainment, education and other sectors, such as:
- Computer Science
Hagerty High School is currently working closely with local industry and higher education partners, including:
- National Center for Simulation
- Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division
- Lockheed Martin
- University of Central Florida
- Seminole State College
Students also have the opportunity to receive an industry certification from the National Center for Simulation.To learn more, please visit: www.modelingandsimulationhhs.org
"The Modeling and Simulation program allows us to use current and emerging technologies. We are able to colloborate as we would in the industry to prototype various 3D models and virtual simulations." - Sam L. HHS Student